Equifax Sales Agent
Event & Association Management Coordinator
Company: Confluent Strategies
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Under the direction of the VP of Operations, the Event & Association Management Coordinator will provide the associations and their boards of directors with back-end clerical and administrative functions, allowing the boards to focus their time and resources on running and improving their organizations. The Association Management Coordinator will also plan, organize, coordinate, promote and execute the Great River MBA Conference and other Association Management Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These essential duties and responsibilities are not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties or to assign other duties as necessary.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Board Coordination:
- Attend board meetings and or annual meetings, according to contract.
- Maintain Board Minutes.
- Financial Coordination:
- Familiar with financial reports. (Ex: Sage, QuickBooks)
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Vendor management.
- Organize the annual collection of dues.
- Responsible for all forms of communications with board members and association members.
- Event Coordination, according to contract:
- Assist board with planning meetings, luncheons, conferences, etc.
- Onsite management.
- Marketing Oversite.
- Marketing Services, work closely with Marketing Manager for the following according to contract:
- Emails (Ex: Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Website (Ex: GoDaddy, Wix)
- Social Media (Ex: Hootsuite)
- Coordinate Marketing List
- Marketing Tools (Ex: Canva, Adobe)
- Membership Coordination:
- Coordinate membership and contact information.
- Coordinate, oversee and report on growth/decline of membership.
- Propose and plan membership drives, according to contract.
Internal Coordination Responsibilities
- Reimbursement Management
- Contract Renewals
- Business Reviews
- Continuing Education
- Communications with Management and Marketing
- Organize Appropriate Non-Standard Services and Cross-selling
Event Management Responsibilities
- Assist to deliver meeting planning from conception through execution using association planning documents to manage tasks, space grids, food/beverage, audio visual, and volunteer/staff schedules with the mentorship of other staff members and the assistance and approval of the Event Committee(s)
- Assist with event budget preparation, expense management, contract coordination, cost control analysis, and present to the Event Committee(s) for approval. Assist in preparation of Post-conference financial reconciliation and present Final Statement and Profits for Event Committee approval.
- Assist to coordinate the booking of event speakers. Assist in the development of the general program and speaker selections. Host conference calls, and meetings, as part of the planning process. Provide speaker confirmations, communications, and onsite assistance to ensure they are in place and have working equipment needed.
- Direct the development and implementation of the agenda and event production, technology, staff and speaker itineraries, etc.
- Assist in evaluating marketing needs, customized communications pieces, and work with the marketing team to create event promotional materials and on-site graphics.
- Selling of sponsorships and registrations. Provide reporting to appropriate Event Committee(s).
- Identifying venue options and preparing comprehensive venue comparisons to present for Event Committee approval.
- Oversee correspondence with all vendor contacts on logistics.
- Research event and industry trends and develop and implement actions or remedies as necessary to ensure operational excellence.
- Create sales opportunities and expansion of services for future events during client interactions.
- Assist to ensure events are planned within company guidelines and best practices.
- Assist in evaluating the risks associated with events to ensure proper insurance coverage for the company, Associations, and the participating committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, marketing, event planning, communications, or a relevant field of study is preferred. Two (2) to five (5) years of professional experience are preferred.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Must be willing to travel.
- Occasional evening work is required.
- 2 to 5 years experience in event planning, project management, marketing, association, and administrative experience, or sales desired.
- Coachable. The ability to learn quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to take the lead on projects with vendors and staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry briefings, contracts, letters of agreement, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write in-depth reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to negotiate and create ways to do more with less, and the ability to stay on budget.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization. The ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate to clients their knowledge of venues and vendor offerings.
- Ability to partner well with all levels in the organization and work well in a team environment.
- Strong organization and planning skills are required.
- Excels under pressure and confident handling last-minute details and changes and workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to learn internal processes and procedures.
- Professional demeanor and strong client-facing skills.
- Decisive with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate and plan for different scenarios.
- Energetic, motivated, self-starter.
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent and responsible judgment and handle confidential and sensitive information.