Equifax Sales Agent
Junior Sales Executive
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, the Junior Sales Executive recognizes business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry. They will research and analyze sales options, sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and existing customers, and recommend solutions. The Junior Sales Executive will maintain relationships with customers by providing support, information, guidance, research and recommend new opportunities and service improvements. They will also identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These essential duties and responsibilities are not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties or to assign other duties as necessary.
- Maintain and expand customer base through penetration of the existing customers by building and maintaining rapport.
- Increase market-share in the financial services industry by developing and managing all business relationships within the assigned sales territories.
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling and networking.
- Setup meetings with potential and existing customers and listen to their wishes and concerns.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services.
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data.
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences.
- Negotiate/close deals and manage complaints or objections.
- Collaborate with the team to achieve greater sales results.
- Provide exceptional customer service and relationship management.
- Travel to potential and existing customers.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, marketing, finance, information technology or relevant field of study. Zero (0) to two (2) years professional experience in sales, marketing and/or the industry preferred (banking, credit union, sales, consumer credit bureaus, etc.)
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Proven work experience in a sales role throughout the assigned territory preferred.
- Experience in banking or related financial services environments (including vendors) preferred.
- Strong closing skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to forecast sales and manage sales pipeline.
- Excellent presentation and industry knowledge-based negotiation skills are required.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators.
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent and responsible judgment.
- Professional demeanor and strong client-facing skills.
- Decisive with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to anticipate and plan for different scenarios.
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Energetic, motivated, self-starter.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet. Experience using SharePoint a plus.
- Availability to travel as needed.